Community Service Instructions
Step 1: Choose an Organization
Choose an organization in one of these ways:
- Through the Community Service Resource Center: automatically approved
- Find your own: NOT automatically approved
- Choose a non-profit organization
- **Email your judicial officer to get permission before you do the service**
- Include the organization’s name, the supervisor’s contact information, and a brief description of the work to be performed
Resources for Finding Community Service Opportunites
The Internship and Career Center’s Community Service Resource Center has numerous ways to identify community service opportunities. If you are having difficulty completing your community service hours, please utilize the information below to find a community service opportunity. In addition to the resources below, you can always connect with the Community Service Resource Center by phone (530-752-3813), by email (email@example.com), or in person (106 South Hall).
- Subscribe to the Internship and Career Center’s Community Service Resource Center listserv to receive weekly emails regarding one-time and ongoing community service opportunities.
- If you don't want to subscribe to the listserv, you can use this link to view their most recent email listing current community service opportunities.
- The Internship and Career Center maintains a Google Calendar of community service opportunities offered through approved organizations. If you are interested in an opportunity listed on the calendar, you can find the organization’s contact information and additional details by clicking on the specific event on the calendar.
- Browse the Internship & Career Center’s database for volunteer opportunities. All of the organizations listed in their database have been approved by UC Davis.
- Connect with the UC Davis Community Service Center on Facebook to find up-to-date opportunities and happenings.
Step 2: Do the Service
Have the supervisor write the date and time for every volunteering session on the Community Service Completion Form.
Step 3: Reflect
In a Word document or on a piece of paper, answer these questions with 2-3 sentences each for every organization.
- What did you do for your community service? Describe your experience.
- What have you learned about this agency, the people that you served, and the community as a whole?
- What have you learned about yourself through your volunteer service?
- Do you feel that your involvement had any impact on the people served or the organization?
- What have you experienced in this opportunity that might be used as a resource in the future?
- As a result of this experience, would you consider doing more volunteer work?
- How could the experience be improved?
Step 4: Submit
Email the signature form and your responses to the reflection questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edited 7/26/2019 by MLA